Here is information on this 2019 OEP, Part B premiums and deductibles. What is OEP? Can I make changes to my coverage after December 7th? Starting in 2019, between January 1st – March 31st each year, you can make these changes during the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period:
• If you’re in a Medicare Advantage Plan (with or without drug coverage), you can switch to another Medicare Advantage Plan (with or without drug coverage).
• You can disenroll from your Medicare Advantage Plan and return to Original Medicare. If you choose to do so, you’ll be able to join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
• If you enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan during your Initial Enrollment Period, you can change to another Medicare Advantage Plan (with or without drug coverage) or go back to Original Medicare (with or without drug coverage) within the first three months you have Medicare. During this period, you cannot:
- Switch from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan if you’re in Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another if you’re in Original Medicare. You can only make one change during this period, and any changes you make will be effective the first of the month after the plan gets your request.